∅ DIADEM Senegal (Diaspora Development Education Migration) is a non-for profit Senegalese organization which aim to improve life conditions and promote dialogues between different actors to reach this objective. Specifically, in the global framework of the Migration and Development, the organization is interested in migration, mobilities, education and development questions. Moreover, DIADEM promotes alternative models to get professional trainings to generate employment opportunities. DIADEM was officially recognized by the Senegalese State in 2011 as an association.
∅ OUR VISION: A West Africa where human rights respect represents the free movement, the right to be educate and public politics fundamental.
∅ OUR MISSIONS:
- Build innovative partnerships to get action, research and dialogue as a mean to fight against poverty in rural and urban environment and be in favor of human dignity;
- Promote African migrations reflection and action, specifically in West Africa;
- Promote the free movement as an essential factor to get a regional economic integration oriented to meet the needs of the communities;
- Work with actors from the international and African civil society to make migration and the mobility right a mean to promote solidarity, peace and migrant rights;
- Contribute in the local public politics development and to the social cohesion of local territories;
- Make migration, mobility and young people/women trainings a mean to promote national and international solidarity;
- Build a political position on its different questions after discussions with civil society actors.
∅ OUR ACTION AREAS: migration and development – professional trainings and young employments – the rights of migrants – alternative education of young people – local development – domestic work – social cohesion, mobilities and human security – fight against poverty – cooperation with the diaspora – socioeconomic reintegration of migrants – urban cultures analysis.
∅ VALUES AND PRINCIPAL ACTIONS:
- The economic and regional integration process in Africa and in West Africa more specifically focus on the freedom circulation as an essential factor of human rights able to contribute to the people flow, products and services in order to contribute as basis for communities. With freedom of circulation, regional public politics and panAfrican risk to not answer to needs;
- In the same time, the defense and the free promotion of the circulation cannot know positive impacts if she is not articulated to the right of residence. Indeed, the right of residence contribute to peace, pacific coexistence, to be tolerant and to reject xenophobia;
- The right of establishment promotes treatment equality between migrants and local people. It also contributes to value initiatives of different socioprofessional actors of the Sub-region in the area of the wealthy creation and of more successful economies;
- The human rights of migrants and citizens of the ECOWAS require to reject every form of tortious mobilities and actions which facilitate, promote and/or sustain irregular migrations, humans traffic and migrant workers;
- Education and trainings for young people and women represent a key factor of the West Africa development but also it represents an obligation for the getting a society in peace and social justice;
- National and regional public politics of the development have to meet the needs of the communities and be established on participative efforts. Sharing also represent a credibility warranty and a critical appropriation. Those efforts constitute a pertinent approach.